Reading's Yoga Community
Handstands + Backbends
Sunday 28th June 2020
- Date:Sunday 28th June 2020
- Cost: £60 for both (first 10 spaces £55)
- Time: 10:AM – 3pm
- Location: 3 – 5 Cremyll Road, Caversham
About the Workshop:
Handstands – Embrace the Fear!
For many adults the thought of inversions fills them with fear. From experienced yogis to complete beginners this workshop will empower attendees to see the world upside down whilst learning:
– the basics of a straight handstand
– understanding the elements of a handstand and how to prepare
– capacity and balance
– entries to a handstand and working with shapes
– tools for handstand press
– curating a longterm learning process
– a solid handstand takes time and regular practice
– ideas for maintenance of healthy shoulders, hips and spine.
Backbends – Discover the power of your spine
This workshop explores what movement the spine is capable of and why it is the key to feeling forever young.
This practical and informative workshop will focus on the different planes of spinal movement: sagittal, frontal and transverse. There will also be in-depth practice of the three types ofbackbending; traction, contraction and leverage with:
-mobility work for the spine, shoulders and hips (backbends focus)
-anatomic and physiological education about the scapulae and the pelvis to enable more effective pushing and pulling patterns.
– a process to increase physical awareness, and therefore more effective interaction between the nervous and musculoskeletal
About the Trainer:
Born in Colombia, S America, Alex’s love of movement began with the great outdoors. He has been coaching professionally for over 10 years in the UK, and now worldwide.
Through his own personal fitness and wellness journey he has studied and been guided by many exceptional practitioners from a wide range of disciplines including Ido Portal, Coach Sommer and Miguel Santana.
Alex doesn’t believe any one discipline has advantages over any other but that there are underlying movement principles that can help all practitioners move more effectively and efficiently. From this open-minded starting point Alex is constantly learning himself in order to be able to offer the very best to his own practice and that of his clients.
Alex gets results through his simple and quality focussed approach, and by instilling confidence and self belief in his clients with his extensive knowledge and coaching skills.