Reading's Yoga Community
with Matt Hernandez
Saturday 28th September
- Date:Saturday 28th September
- Cost: £35.00 (or £50 for both workshops – Foundations and Intermediate)
- Time: 10.30am-1.30pm
- Location: 3 – 5 Cremyll Road, Caversham
Learn to turn your body upside down!
This workshop is suitable for beginners who are not afraid to get upside down. As a foundations workshop, you do not need to be able to balance or even know where to begin.
This in-depth workshop will equip you with a method and tools to start your handstand journey as you begin to understand that handstands are a whole-body asana.
- Warming up for a handstand practice, including wrist and forearm health to ensure you are practicing safely.
- Correct hand placement, gaze and head position, shoulder alignment, core and hip engagement/positioning, and leg and toe energy.
- The 7 handstand key words: Fingers, Push, Tummy, Squeeze, Stay, Still, and More
- You will finish the workshop with an understanding of how to approach a handstand safely and with confidence, as well as how you can treat it as both an isolated practice and how to integrate it into your existing yoga practice.
get your free 10 min mobility routine
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER