Reading's Yoga Community
with Matt Hernandez
Saturday 28th September
- Date:Saturday 28th September
- Cost: £35.00 (or £50 for both workshops – Foundations and Intermediate)
- Time: 10.30am-1.30pm
- Location: 3 – 5 Cremyll Road, Caversham
Learn to turn your body upside down!
This workshop is suitable for beginners who are not afraid to get upside down. As a foundations workshop, you do not need to be able to balance or even know where to begin.
This in-depth workshop will equip you with a method and tools to start your handstand journey as you begin to understand that handstands are a whole-body asana.
- Warming up for a handstand practice, including wrist and forearm health to ensure you are practicing safely.
- Correct hand placement, gaze and head position, shoulder alignment, core and hip engagement/positioning, and leg and toe energy.
- The 7 handstand key words: Fingers, Push, Tummy, Squeeze, Stay, Still, and More
- You will finish the workshop with an understanding of how to approach a handstand safely and with confidence, as well as how you can treat it as both an isolated practice and how to integrate it into your existing yoga practice.