Reading's Yoga Community
Intro to Yoga Workshop
Saturday 4th January 12-2pm
- Date:Saturday 4th January 2019
- Cost: £30.00
- Time: 12 – 2pm
- Location: 3 – 5 Cremyll Road, Caversham
About the Workshop:
If you’re new to yoga or returning after a break and looking to refresh your practice…
This workshop is designed to give you an understanding of the basics behind Yoga postures, breathing practices and relaxation, plus their many benefits. We will also touch upon functionality of movement and how that can be bought into a Yoga practice to support healthy & diverse movement in the bones, tissues and joints.
We will explore the fundamentals behind:
- Diaphragmatic breathing– how to practice natural, anatomical breathing.
- Common Yoga Postures and their alignment/functionality.
- Common Yoga sequences e.g. Sun Salutations- a break down of the transitions between postures.
Alice will provide you with tools to move mindfully, with variations and props to support positions where appropriate. A great workshop for beginners.
About the Trainer:
Alice has been teaching Yoga since 2015. She is trained in Primal Vinyasa and enjoys weaving these layers of evolutionary & functional movement development into her classes. She loves the self-inquiry that Yoga can teach us and shares the practice as a foundation for life, having experienced first-hand how it can help us to reconnect, find steadiness and thrive.