Yin Intensive / Teacher Training
22nd – 25th February 2021
To sign up please complete
the following application form
This course can be done as an intensive, where you learn about yin yoga, how it works, what the benefits are and how to tailor it to your body.
Or, as a teacher training where you build your teaching practice and work towards a 50 hour certificate and continuing hours for Yoga Alliance.
You will receive:
- Upon completion you will receive a diploma, Yoga Alliance 50 hrs. This course also counts as Continuing Education hrs with Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK).
- A tailored teacher training focusing on what you would like to dive deeper into.
- The support and guidance of two experienced yoga teachers throughout the course
- Small group setting: lots of personal attention and feedback.
- Plenty of time to reconnect with your own practice, and to recharge if you’re feeling drained.
- Lots of practice in a non-judgemental non-dogmatic environment
- Support in finding your own unique teaching style and your authentic voice as a teacher with expert constructive and supportive feedback
Online via Zoom – from the comfort of your own home!
We recommend that you have done a 200 hour teacher training (any style) but this is not mandatory. If you haven’t, send us an email to discuss with us and we’ll give you extra support during the course.
The intention is to give you more tools for your own practise and to broaden your teaching skills as well as your target groups. Perhaps you have trained in a dynamic yoga style and would like to add a slow style to your teaching menu as well.
We have a set structure in line with Yoga Alliance’s criteria and on top of this we have a certain amount of hours that we tailor to you, as participants, so that you actually take part in forming the course content.
Melanie has over 20 years of teaching experience from teaching yoga and teacher trainings full time. Katia has 6 years of teaching practise, with advanced Yin training and a passion for Yin yoga and will be supporting Melanie in the running of this course.
Working as a yoga teacher is amazing – but it also takes a lot of energy – and can be very draining if you are not looking after yourself. (And it’s so easy to not give ourselves that time/attention/self care). So in the training there will also be an emphasis on how to create space for your own health and practice: to stay balanced and mentally strong.
We will cover
Theory and science behind the practice
- The nervous system and the brain
- Meridians and the energy system
- Updated research, the different aspects of yin yoga and how it is applicable to different body types and how personalities, and how movement patterns plays an important part.
We’ll look into the specific areas of the body in more detail, how they move and respond to the Yin poses.
Teaching the poses
The focus is very much on teaching the practice in a way that is inclusive and safe for everyone making this a nurturing and healing practice, a way to connect and go deep inside; a way to truly relax and rejuvenate.
For each pose we will cover:
- How to teach yin yoga poses
- How to use props
- Modifications for each pose
Sequencing & Class planning
- Sequences for specific meridians, for specific yoga poses (eg for backbends, opening the hips, twists, forward bends), and a general all round class
- How to plan a class, when and how much to talk, what to talk about and themes.
Contraindications and modifications
How to develop your classes for conditions such as pregnancy, injuries and hyper-mobility, making the practice accessible for individual bodies
The course is 4 days long in total and runs from Monday 22nd February to Thursday 25th February.
9 am – 5.30 pm (UK time)
10 am – 6.30 pm (CEST)
We will have plenty of breaks and yoga sessions, so you won’t be looking at screens all day.
Early bird discount: £450 until 17th January 2021
As part of the course, you will receive two full colour manuals included in the price: one on the theory and one giving details on the poses. We will send you the manuals as pdfs one week before the course starts.
– Yin Yoga Notes, 74 pages
– Yin Yoga Poses, 43 pages
If you’d like to receive hard copies you can buy them for cost price, £30 (total for the two), including postage within the UK and Europe (please add £5 postage for rest of the world).
If you want the manuals as a hardcopy before the course, then contact us two weeks before the course starts.
Please don’t share the manuals with anyone. They are subject to copyright law.
We use the term Homework loosely here, there is a requirement of 18 hours of learning outside of the course, some will be written but mostly to establish a Yin Yoga Practice (students have said that this is their favourite ever homework!) and to read a book (you’ll get several options) and write down your thoughts and questions.
There won’t be any exams. Rather, we are interested in seeing that you have gained an understanding and knowledge that you can apply to each individual student depending on their needs. This course is intended to spark your interest in embarking on or continuing this fascinating journey.
- Melanie Cooper (UK) www.melaniecooper.co.uk
- Supported by Katia Major, Yoga Reading
Sign up/more information
A deposit of £200 is required initially to reserve your place, with the full balance to be paid before the course starts unless specifically agreed with us. The deposit is non-refundable – but we do know that sometimes things happen in life that you couldn’t predict, and if so: you won’t get the deposit back BUT if you cancel 1 month before the course at the latest you can use it for other trainings/retreats/workshops with us – so you won’t lose the money! Please see our Terms and Conditions page
Your space is not guaranteed until we have received your deposit. (You will get a confirmation letter as soon as your deposit has reached us.)
Upon completion you will receive a diploma, Yoga Alliance 50 hrs.
This course is organised by Yoga Reading.
Questions? Contact us and we will be happy to help.