Reading's Yoga Community
with Jules Mitchell
Friday 13th March – Sunday 15th March 2020
- Date: Friday 13th March – Sunday 15th March 2020
- Time: 10-5pm Daily
- Early Bird: £365 (10 spaces available, paid in full by 1st Dec 2019) • SOLD OUT •
- Regular Price: £425 • STILL AVAILABLE •
- Location: 3 – 5 Cremyll Road, Caversham
We are thrilled to announce we have Jules Mitchell joining us in Reading in 2020. We have been watching Jules for a while on social media and loved how she blends well researched bio mechanic principles and yoga together.
This is Jules first and only trip to the UK at the moment so we expect it to sell out pretty quickly. This course is for Teachers and experienced students with a geeky side ;-).
If you are a body-nerd, science-buff or simply curious about how to create positive tissue change through your asana practice, this course is for you! Join Jules Mitchell, MS, CMT, ERYT500 for a 3-day intensive that weaves together asana with the basics of biomechanics to take your knowledge and teaching confidence to the next level. The latest in movement research and foundational scientific concepts are discussed in an easy-to-understand, practical way that builds body awareness and will immediately impact the way you teach and practice yoga. A sample of discussion and interactive topics include:
- Differentiate between anatomy and biomechanics
- Improve range of motion without stretching
- Challenge the conventional script for even the most basic poses
- Explore how tendons and similar connective tissues respond and adapt to loads
- Create more clarity and accuracy in alignment cues
- Consider how specific cueing and intentional loading can promote positive tissue change
- Examine the fascinating role of neuroscience in pain and mobility
- Explore how to individualize and enhance poses with creative prop placement
- Play with unique and effective tools such as isometric and resistance stretching
About Jules Mitchell
Jules Mitchell MS, CMT, ERYT500 is a Las Vegas based yoga teacher, educator and massage therapist. Her unique approach incorporates her extensive study in biomechanics with the modern application of yoga asana to help teachers develop their craft and empower them with education. Jules’s methods intend to achieve ease in movement through deliberate loading, thus her teachings integrate numerous modalities, balancing the somatic aspects of yoga with the most current exercise science. She leads workshops and continuing education courses worldwide, providing yoga schools with the most current research in biomechanics. Jules is the author of Yoga Biomechanics: Stretching Redefined, available now through Handspring Publishing. She is also adjunct faculty at Arizona State University where she serves as the yoga consultant on various research studies.