Yoga Nidra 16 hour Teacher Training
with Theo Wildcroft
Cost: £200 Early Bird – Full price £250 from October 1st
- Date: 3-5th March 2023
- Location: Yoga Reading, In studio
- Cost: £200 Early Bird – Full price £250 from October 1st
Leading students into a state of rest is a subtle, profound art. It is also a skill that can be learned. When we understand the roots, development and structure at the heart of practices like savasana and yoga nidra, we can hold a much safer, inclusive space to welcome our students into resting well together.
Theo Wildcroft is known for being a researcher in contemporary yoga spaces who also delivers high quality training in ethics, consent, inclusivity and pedagogical history, theory and practice. But she has also been leading acclaimed yoga nidra workshops for more than a decade.
This training has been carefully designed to train yoga teachers in offering simple yoga nidras comfortably, confidently, and creatively. In it, we will cover:
- How rest is experienced, barriers to rest, and why rest is political
- The history of nidra, from pre-modern origins to recent techniques
- The various esoteric maps that have been used to understand the landscape of nidra
- A simple and safe structure for creating yoga nidra, with added skills to make the practice both more accessible, and more creative
This is the first time that this course has been offered in person, and the first time it has been offered for Yoga Reading. The group will be small, to allow the individual attention needed to develop skills in real time. We will be meeting at the transition point between winter and spring for a long weekend of deep dreaming and gentle waking together. Sign up early to be sure of your place on this unique course.