Reading's Yoga Community
Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
(THIS COURSE IS NOW ONLINE)
Monday 8 to Wednesday 10 June
9 am – 5.30 pm
- Date: Monday 8 to Wednesday 10 June 2020
- Cost: £300
- Time: 9 am – 5:30 pm
- Location: 3 – 5 Cremyll Road, Caversham
- Melanie Cooper E-RYT 500 and if taught ONLINE Mel will be joined by:
- Jennie Wadsten E-RYT 500
For more information about how this will be taught Online please visit: https://www.yogaleela.se/online/
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A 30 hour diploma in Yoga Nidra, registered by Yoga Alliance (RYS-300)
- A tailormade teacher training focusing on what you would like to dive deeper into.
- Plenty of time to reconnect with your own practice, and to recharge if you’re feeling drained.
- Support from a non dogmatic and experienced teacher: the empashis is on empowering you to find YOUR authentic way of teaching yoga nidra and to obtain knowledge to see what is needed for different students; there isn’t one size fits all for this practice (or any style really!)
- Chance to practice teaching with expert constructive and supportive feedback
We recommend that you have done a 200 hour teacher training (any style) but it’s not necessary: let us know if you haven’t and we will look into what other experiences you have. You can also attend the course for your own self inquiry only: no need to put the pressure on yourself to teach if you don’t want to.
The intention is to give you, as a teacher, more tools, to broaden your teaching skills as well as your target groups. Perhaps you have done a training in a dynamic yoga style and would like to add a slow style to your teaching menu as well?
We have a set structure in line with Yoga Alliance’s criteria, but on top of that we have a certain amount of hours that we can tailor made for YOU – and as far as we know, this is quite unique: for you, as participants, to be able to take part in forming the course content!
Melanie has run yoga teacher trainings and retreats in India and Europe and has 20 years experience from teaching yoga and teacher trainings full time.
WE WILL COVER
- A non-dogmatic approach. We will cover the main techniques and modern schools of Yoga Nidra and what they offer. You’ll get the chance to compare and explore different methods to see which works the best for you.
- Yoga Nidra scripts. Online resources: You’ll get ready made scripts in different methods. Together we will also explore and develop a treasure trove of ideas and scripts for teaching your own yoga nidra – as well as incorporating it in your own practice.
- The structure A detailed look at each stage of the practice; the intention behind it and how it affects the body and mind.
- Modifications. Contra-indications. How to adapt your teaching for different students
- Basic science of Yoga Nidra. Brainwaves, Hypnagogia, Basic anatomy of the brain, states of consciousness
- History and Philosophy
- Your own practice
SIGN UP/MORE INFORMATION:
A deposit of £300 is required initially to reserve your place, with the full balance to be paid 30 days before the course starts. Please let us know if money is an issue and you need a part payment plan and we’ll see what we can do to help.
The deposit is non-refundable – but we do know that sometimes things happen in life that you couldn’t predict, and if so: you won’t get the deposit back BUT if you cancel 1 month before the course at the latest you can use it for other trainings/retreats/workshops with us – so you won’t lose the money! Terms and conditions are below – please scroll to the bottom of this page.
An invoice for the deposit will be sent to you after we have accepted your application.
Your space is not guaranteed until we have accepted your application and received your deposit. You will receive a confirmation letter from us as soon as your deposit has been received and registered on our account.
Upon completion you will receive a level 2 diploma, Yoga Alliance 30 hrs. (Zolder Studio, UK, RYS 300).
Cancellation Policy for teacher trainings:
- 2 months or more before the start of the teacher training: 100% refund, minus the deposit.
- 1 to 2 months before the start of the teacher training: 50% refund, minus the deposit.
- Up to 1 month before the start of the teacher training: 0% refund will be given, and the deposit can’t be used for other trainings.
The deposit is non-refundable – but if you have to cancel your plans: no worries if you inform us 1 month before the training starts at the latest and you can use the deposit for other trainings/retreats/workshops with Yoga Reading or with Melanie Cooper directly:
There are two options for your deposit:
– It can be used by a friend if he/she signs up through you and pays the full price for the teacher training (no discounts).
– It can be used by you for another teacher training or a retreat with us.
Note: if there are less than 8 bookings 6 weeks prior to the course start, we reserve the right to cancel the course. The participants will get a full refund of the course fee.
Your Health (this stands for all activities with Yoga Reading including workshops, retreats and teacher trainings):
It’s your responsibility to inform us of health issues and to always practice with care. We accept no liability for loss, damage, injury or illness during your retreat, training, workshop or any other class sessions with us, or for travel costs to or from the venue. We recommend that you have a travel insurance and a health insurance.
Note: if you are going through a medical treatment, or have done so recently, or if you are on medications prescribed for mental health issues, you must provide a Doctor’s certificate confirming your ability to travel and take part in the retreat/training/session. If so, contact us prior to arranging a certificate and we will see what is required for you. Please note that you HAVE TO INFORM US before you pay the deposit. If not, we retain the right to cancel your booking and the deposit will be returned to your account. We are sorry if this sounds harsh but we insist: health issues should never be ignored.
Photographs taken during the retreat/teacher training/workshop will only be posted on social media if the guests have given us permission to do so.
Yoga Reading retains all copyright rights and sole exclusive ownership of the information, photographs and material displayed on its website. The material may not be modified, copied or used in any other way.