YOGA READING BLOG
Healthy(ish) chocolate brownies
* 1 can or carton chickpeas, drained and rinsed 240g drained weight.
* 125g almond or peanut butter
* 100ml maple syrup
* 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
* 1 tsp. vanilla extract
* 25g almond flour
* 25g cocoa or cacao powder
* 1/4 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp salt
* Optional: up to 75g chocolate chips and more for sprinkling on top! Or swap for your choice of cacao nibs/nuts etc
* Preheat oven to 180C
* use a food processor or stick blender to blend chickpeas, nut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla.
* Once blended, add in almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
* Continue to blend, scraping down sides as necessary until smooth. If it’s thick, you can add a little plant milk.
* Once creamy and smooth, hand stir in cocoa nibs/nuts/choc chips (don’t blend!).
* Pour into greased 8×8” pan and sprinkle with extra nibs/nuts/chips
* Bake for 21-23 minutes. It should have a firm top but still gooey on a skewer test
* Let cool for a bit in the pan before slicing
Adapted from Erin Lives Whole website